What are the potential solutions when the YouTube app stops working on an iPhone?
Don’t you hate it when you’re all ready to stream your favorite videos on YouTube and suddenly, the YouTube app stops working on your iPhone? We understand your frustration and annoyance, especially when you don’t have a clue why that’s happening. Well, you’re not alone. Many users have experienced this issue at some point. But don’t worry, in this guide, we’ll be going through some basic troubleshooting techniques that could help you get back to your favorite videos in no time.
What is Youtube App?
The YouTube app is a popular platform that lets you access the world of free video content right at your fingertips. Users can watch, like, comment, and even upload their own videos. It’s a hub for entertainment, education, and everything in between.
YouTube hosts a vast array of videos, ranging from cooking recipes to mind-blowing scientific facts, from how-to tutorials to full-length movies. The app also has features which allow users to subscribe to channels they love, share videos with friends, and watch on any device. Click here to download YouTube app from the App Store.
Furthermore, the Company behind the YouTube app, Google, frequently updates the app for a better user experience, introducing new features like offline viewing, streamlined live-streaming, and even a dark theme for night owls.
Primarily, the app is used for viewing videos, but it also comes with a lot of community features. YouTube allows users to create playlists, comment and engage with video creators, subscribe to channels, and even get notifications for new videos uploaded by favorite creators.
However, like any other app, YouTube also has its fair share of glitches. One such recurring problem is “YouTube App Not Working On iPhone”. This issue prevents users from enjoying their favorite content which can be extremely frustrating.
Why is Youtube App not working?
The reasons behind ‘YouTube app not working on iPhone’ issue could be many and varied. They could range from problems with your iPhone device to issues with the YouTube app itself.
1. An outdated YouTube app: You may be experiencing difficulties with the YouTube app because it is outdated. The developer regularly releases updates that contain bug fixes and enhancements.
2. Inadequate storage space: Your iPhone may not have enough storage space to run YouTube. Applications require space to save data and temporary files.
4. Outdated iOS version: If your iPhone’s operating system is outdated, it may cause compatibility issues with the YouTube app.
5. Overloaded app cache: iOS apps store temporary data known as cache. If this cache becomes too large, it may cause the YouTube app to malfunction.
6. App clashes: Sometimes, other applications on your device may interfere with the YouTube app, causing it to stop working.
7. Glitches during recent updates: A recent update may contain bugs or glitches that affect the YouTube app’s function.
8. YouTube server down: If YouTube’s servers are down, the YouTube app will not work on your device.
9. Device restart needed: In some cases, all your iPhone needs is a simple restart to function correctly.
10. App needs reinstallation: If all else fails, the YouTube app itself may need to be reinstalled to tackle the issue.
Solutions/Fixes to Fix Youtube App Not Working On Iphone
Fix #1: Update the YouTube app
- Tap on the App Store icon on your iPhone.
- Tap on ‘Updates’ at the bottom right.
- Find ‘YouTube’ and if you see the ‘Update’ next to it, tap on it.
- Wait for it to update, afterwards restart your app.
Fix #2: Free up storage space
- Go to iPhone Settings.
- Tap ‘General’ then ‘iPhone Storage’.
- Here, you can uninstall unused apps or delete unnecessary data to free up space.
Fix #3: Check internet connection
- Try to open another website or app to see if your internet is working.
- If not, restart your router, switch to mobile data or move closer to your Wi-Fi router.
Fix #4: Update iOS version
- Go to iPhone Settings.
- Tap ‘General’ and then ‘Software Update’.
- If an update is available, tap ‘Download and Install’.
Fix #5: Clear cache
- On your iPhone, open the YouTube app.
- Tap your profile picture at the top right.
- Go to ‘Settings’ then ‘Privacy’.
- Tap ‘Clear search history’ and ‘Clear watch history’.
Fix #6: Close conflicting apps
- Double tap the Home button.
- Swipe up on any apps that might conflict with YouTube.
Fix #7: Check if YouTube is down
- Go to a website that checks if servers are down, like DownDetector.
- Search for YouTube and check its server status.
Fix #8: Restart your iPhone
- Press and hold the power button.
- Swipe the slider to turn off your iPhone.
- Wait a few seconds and then press and hold the power button to turn it back on.
Fix #9: Reinstall the YouTube app
- Tap and hold the YouTube app.
- Select ‘Delete app’.
- Go to the App Store and reinstall the app.
FAQ about Youtube App
Why can’t I open YouTube on my iPhone?
Why does my YouTube keep crashing on my iPhone?
This could be caused by an outdated YouTube app or iOS version, overloaded app cache, or other apps interfering with YouTube. Try updating the app and your iOS, clearing cache or closing conflicting apps.
How can I improve the performance of YouTube on my iPhone?
Ensure your YouTube app and iOS version are updated, clear the app cache regularly, and free up storage space on your device.
Can I watch YouTube offline?
Yes, YouTube offers a download feature for offline viewing to its Premium subscribers.
Can I edit videos on the YouTube app?
Yes, the YouTube app offers basic video editing features such as trimming, filters, and adding music.
Why can’t I comment on YouTube videos?
The video owner might have disabled comments, or the video could be age-restricted. Also, Google’s policies might restrict you from commenting.
Can the YouTube app play in the background?
Playing videos in the background is only available for YouTube Premium members.
Is the YouTube app free?
Yes. The YouTube app is free to download and use. However, it offers a premium subscription for ad-free and offline viewing.
Why am I seeing ads on YouTube?
Advertisements support free content creation on YouTube. To view videos without ads, subscribe to YouTube Premium.
Can I upload videos from the YouTube app?
Yes. You can easily upload videos from the YouTube app on your iPhone.
Helpful Links and Resources of Youtube App
- Official YouTube Website
- YouTube Support Page
- YouTube Community Forum
- Official YouTube Channel
- YouTube Wikipedia Page
Using the YouTube app on your iPhone should be a smooth and enjoyable experience, but this is often disrupted when the YouTube App stops working. This problem could occur due to several reasons, such as an outdated YouTube app, insufficient iPhone storage, poor Internet connection, or an outdated iOS version.
But there’s no need to worry, the ‘YouTube App Not Working On iPhone’ issue can be tackled easily with some basic troubleshooting techniques. Some of the most effective fixes include updating the YouTube app or iOS, freeing up iPhone storage, checking your internet connection, clearing app cache or even reinstalling the YouTube app.
Remember, if these methods don’t work, you can always consult the helpful resources and links provided. We hope this guide aids you in solving all your YouTube app related issues, and you can return to enjoying your favorite videos without interruption.