What could be the possible reasons for the Discord app not working while the browser version is accessible?
Discord App Not Working But Browser Is
Are you facing difficulties with the Discord app? We understand how frustrating it can be when your favorite app isn’t functioning properly. In this article, we will help you troubleshoot the issues you might encounter with Discord and provide you with step-by-step solutions to resolve them. Let’s dive in and get your Discord app up and running again!
What is Discord?
Discord is a communication platform that allows users to chat, call, and video conference with others. It’s widely popular among gamers, as it enables them to create communities, join servers, and interact with fellow gamers. Additionally, Discord provides various features like voice channels, private messaging, and screen sharing, making it an all-in-one tool for communication during gaming sessions or any other group activities.
Discord is available for both mobile devices and desktop computers. You can download the Discord app from the following links:
Why is Discord not working?
There can be several reasons why the Discord app may not be working correctly. Let’s explore some common causes:
Fix 1: Internet Connection
- Check your internet connection to ensure it is stable and working.
- If you’re using Wi-Fi, try restarting your router.
- If possible, switch to a wired connection to improve stability.
Fix 2: App Update
- Ensure that your Discord app is up to date with the latest version.
- Open your app store and check for any available updates. If an update is available, install it.
Fix 3: Restart the App
- Close the Discord app completely.
- Swipe up from the bottom (or press the home button) and swipe away the app from the multitasking screen on mobile devices.
- On desktop, right-click on the Discord app icon in the taskbar and select “Quit” or “Exit,” then reopen it.
Fix 4: Clear App Cache (Android Only)
- Go to your device’s Settings and find the “Apps” or “Application Manager” section.
- Select Discord from the list of installed apps.
- Tap on “Storage” and then choose “Clear Cache.”
Fix 5: Reinstall the App
- Uninstall the Discord app from your device.
- Visit the respective app store and reinstall Discord.
Fix 6: Check Discord’s Server Status
- Sometimes, Discord might experience server issues causing app disruptions.
- Visit the Discord Status website to check the server status.
Fix 7: Disable VPN or Proxy
- If you’re using a VPN or proxy, try disabling them and see if Discord starts working.
- Some VPNs or proxies may interfere with Discord’s functionality.
Fix 8: Check Firewall or Antivirus Settings
- Verify that Discord is allowed through your firewall or antivirus software.
- Add Discord as an exception if necessary.
Fix 9: Disable Hardware Acceleration
- If you’re experiencing graphical or audio issues in Discord, disable hardware acceleration.
- Open Discord’s user settings by clicking on the gear icon.
- Scroll down to the “Advanced” section and toggle off the “Hardware Acceleration” option.
Fix 10: Contact Discord Support
- If none of the above solutions work, you can reach out to Discord’s support team for further assistance.
- Visit https://support.discord.com/ and navigate to the appropriate section to submit your issue.
Why does Discord keep disconnecting?
There are a few reasons why Discord might keep disconnecting:
- Poor internet connection
- Outdated app version
- Server issues
- Firewall or antivirus blocking Discord
- Hardware acceleration conflicts
Can I use Discord without an account?
No, you need to create a Discord account to access the app’s features and join servers. However, you can join servers with an invite link without creating an account, but your access will be limited.
How do I create a server on Discord?
To create a server on Discord:
- Open the Discord app and click on the server icon on the left sidebar.
- Click the “+” button to create a new server.
- Follow the prompts to set up your server and invite others to join.
Helpful Links and Resources
- Official Discord Website
- Discord Support Pages
- Discord Server Status
- Discord Subreddit
- Discord Wikipedia Page
In this article, we have addressed common issues that may cause Discord to not work properly. We provided step-by-step solutions to help you troubleshoot and resolve those problems. Remember, if one solution doesn’t work, don’t get discouraged—try the next one. Discord is a fantastic app for communication, and with the right fixes, you’ll be back on track enjoying its features in no time. Happy chatting and gaming!